Wednesday, January 2, 2008
I Want a Brother
I have to preface this story by saying we aren't making an announcement of any kind, my husband just likes to ask our little puppet/son random questions and see what response he gets. The other day he asked him if he wants a little brother. Well, he got a big smile on his face and nodded really big. I had just finished making a new kind of cookie that he hadn't had before and right after he answered yes, I handed him one. Not thinking about the way his little cogs and gears might be running around in is little mind, I thought nothing of the conversation. Later that day he came in the kitchen and reached up toward the counter and said, "brother, brother. " He wanted another cookie, but he thought that's what they were called! For a couple more days until the cookies ran out, he kept asking for a brother. Now that they're gone, so is the request. How impressionable are young children, it would be so easy to brainwash them or teach them to say and do certain things. It really makes you think about what you say and how you say it and also how much or how little room you give them to learn and choose for themselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
"little brother" - what a great name for cookies. We need some cookies at this house full of girls!
That is a cute story!
That is hilarious. Count on Glenn for that, huh? Man, I miss you guys already! I'm beginning to think our summer vacation to the coast will end up being a summer vacation to the midwest just so we can see you guys and AJ & Josh! We'll see I guess.....
Shan, that is so cute. Your little guy sounds amazing. I am glad to see you guys on the blog. Sorry I am not very frequent on mine, but I hope to get better soon.
Love you guys lots,
amy
Another example of how we can "brainwash" them. Josh decided we should start calling Stella's binki "the precious," so we have started calling it that and telling her to call it that. Even though she knows we are just being silly about it, she calls it that now too. Especially when we prompt it. It is really funny.
Post a Comment