Monday, March 5, 2007

An Introduction

Hi there! I'm Xander. You're probably wondering why I brought you here today. My daddy says to bloggers of the world "I'll never join you" and my mommy says, "Honey, you just need to calm down a little bit. They are both smiling when they say it, but I decided if anyone was ever going to see me I had to take matters into my own hands. I was born way last July, so I'm getting pretty big now. My mommy and daddy tell me everyday that I'm the cutest little guy in the whole world. I'll let you be the judge. I like to talk a whole lot and my daddy thinks I say his name the most, but I love my mommy too. She is the food factory after all.

I really like to jump in my jumperoo.
You should see how fast I can get going and how strong my legs are. I also like to roll around and sit and play all by myself.

I'm getting close to crawling, but I don't think I am quite ready to move to that developmental stage.






I really like to eat and put anything in my mouth - especially if it's shiny. I get really excited and flap my arms and kick my feet if I see anything electronic, if it has power, or makes a lot of noise. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up though. So, enough about me. What do you think about me?




I'm learning what growing up is all about, but it isn't too painful yet. I have two new teeth, see? It's really fun to bite down on things now that I have them. Mommy and daddy don't think so for some reason. I'm not a total gummer anymore.

Most people say that I look just like my daddy. We do look a lot alike and that makes my daddy proud of me. I hope I can be just like my dad when I get bigger and this hat actually fits me.








I like getting kisses and I give really good ones too.







I think mommy and daddy are on to me, so I better get going. This last one is just a picture of all of us together. We look really happy, me especially, because we are. I love my family so much. Thanks for spending some time with me.




8 comments:

AJ said...

What a little stud you are Xander! You kind of look like your cousin Stella, which probably means you don't get all your looks from your daddy. Tell your mom and dad hi for us!

Unknown said...

It is good to see pictures of you guys. It has been so long. Everyone looks very good. Especially.....Xander!!! :)

Alisa Frakes said...

YAY!!!! I love the pictures! I was still picturing Xander in my head the way he looked at Thanksgiving! I agree with AJ that he kind of looks like Stella, but I definitely see lots of Glenn in him -- especially in that picture where he's looking over the side of the couch; that's Glenn all the way. I'm glad you've joined us. We love to see pictures of you guys! But more than that, we love you!!!

Yomama said...

I love all these pictures...I think my favorite ones are the ones where they are wearing yankees hats and I love the kisses ones too! He does give very good kisses!
♥mel

D/E G said...

I was soooo excited to see this blog! You're such a tease Shan to not say anything while I was talking to you about the blogs! I think Xander looks like Shan in the Yankee hats pic, but most of the pics look like his daddy. I guess that's how it goes when we have boys, huh?

Gina said...

Good to hear from you, Shannon! Yay for another friend who blogs! Woo hoo! Now if Amy and George would join the gang, that would be awesome! Come see my Liam over at his blog!
HUGS!

Unknown said...

Hey there. I'm so happy to see your beautiful family. I'm glad to see that you are savvy enough to have a blog. I'm not that ambitious yet. My kids will probably be teenagers by the time I am. Hope you're well.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Shannon~ He is beautiful! I am 5 months pregnant with our second:) I have been sick this time around, But I am finally starting to feel good. We find out the sex march 30th:) I think he looks a lot like you, a great mix. Love and miss you
Jess