Friday, October 23, 2009

1st Birthday

Someone had a birthday. We mostly just played all day until Dad came home. It was pretty low key. He opened presents and played with balloons and then he ate looked at cake and ice cream.  Fun times. Here are the action shots:




This is such a lovely cake, a collaborative effort at it's best.  Bet you couldn't tell we made it-all of us! It's Garfield. It's okay if you don't know who he is. We used a vintage baking pan to make it.



I wonder what would happen if...



Yep. I did. And it hurt, but just a little.





Quick get a picture of big brother singing Happy Birthday. Definitely the older boy was way more excited about the whole process than the birthday boy.



Look at cake and ice cream like it's a strange creature in front of you. Stick fingers in cake and ice cream. (Then camera battery died).

Spit out bites of both and then play in it for a little while, making a sufficient mess to combine with your already messy spaghetti stained face. 

Take a bath and go to bed.


Birthday complete.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cutie.

~ kietra ~ said...

Very cute! Nice work on the cake!!

Cynthia said...

Such cute boys. I love the Garfield cake.

Erin said...

happy birthday Isaac!!! wow 1 year already!!! ps I think your cake is super cute!

mary said...

The cake looks great! Happy Birthday Isaac!!

Yomama said...

You people are awesome at birthdays - Isaac just isn't ready to get older, I guess... ;->
Love-a-love-a-love you all!
Yomama