It's been 5 years since we were married here, can you believe it? So to celebrate, while still nursing an infant, my thoughtful husband arranged for help to come. (thank you to his parents!) With our two little ones in tow, we visited Nauvoo, enjoyed every second, and managed to have some time to ourselves.
If you asked each person what was best about the trip Xander would name the animals that pulled us in wagons and carriages by name, Zeke would say watching his best buddy love it all, my hubby would say spending time with his beloved (wink) and I would say being in a place I love so much with my family I love even more.
The temple was closed (for renovations) and though we wanted to cry when we found out and possibly change our plans, we decided we will just have to go back and it gives us greater motivation to go to the temple when we can. Trite as it may sound, the important thing was being together.
To sum up: a little too much fast food, a lot of horse and oxen rides, cold windy weather followed by gorgeous sunny weather, a renewal of spirits, time to contemplate gratitude for sacrifices made by forbears and blessings enjoyed daily from the gospel and the temple.
If you asked each person what was best about the trip Xander would name the animals that pulled us in wagons and carriages by name, Zeke would say watching his best buddy love it all, my hubby would say spending time with his beloved (wink) and I would say being in a place I love so much with my family I love even more.
The temple was closed (for renovations) and though we wanted to cry when we found out and possibly change our plans, we decided we will just have to go back and it gives us greater motivation to go to the temple when we can. Trite as it may sound, the important thing was being together.
To sum up: a little too much fast food, a lot of horse and oxen rides, cold windy weather followed by gorgeous sunny weather, a renewal of spirits, time to contemplate gratitude for sacrifices made by forbears and blessings enjoyed daily from the gospel and the temple.


7 comments:
Glad you had some fun. Thanks for the reminders!! Your boys are so cute!!
How thoughtful of your husband!!! Nauvoo is where it's at. I love that place. I know it has a great place in your heart! Love you girl! Miss you. Looks like we'll be in IL July 25- August 1ish.
What fun. Nauvoo looks so beautiful in the Spring. The last few times I've been back has been in the winter, still beautiful though. Happy 5th. We're approaching ours too.
Sounds wonderful...except for the nursing part of course....so glad I won't have to do that this time....I know I know...that makes me horrible!
How fun is that! I can't believe you're at 5 years - that just sounds too crazy (that means I graduated 5 years ago...wow). Glad you got to celebrate it a fun way!
Oh, I'm so glad you got to go. I love Nauvoo. You all look so cute in that picture. Auntie D
That is so fun you got to do this! That is the best! I am sosad about the temple though! :( Family trips are always ones to be remembered
Post a Comment