Friday, January 16, 2009

Peas and 3s and a lot of cheese

We were tagged. "Tell us five things about the Adamz family that people might not know."
This is probably more than five things, but oh well. (Obvious note: Not all pictures are current, I just wanted to put something to break up the post. It's hard for me to post without putting pictures apparently)

Glenn is a master teacher. He currently teaches early morning seminary(a religion class for high school students) which is odd since none of us are morning people and he gets up at the crack of dawn. He has also taught Sunday School and taught other teachers how to teach. He should have done it for his profession, he's that good! Not to imply anything about his current job, you'll have to ask him about that one.

Shan is a sucker for red tag sales and clearance items. She will buy things just because they are a good price and then realize they aren't needed and return them. She really has no problem returning things, which is weird since she doesn't really enjoy shopping, for the sake of shopping -just finding good deals. It must be a mental illness of some kind.

We all love to eat right? Well, Xander is no exception. He likes vegetables. He pulled leftover peas out of the fridge one morning and went to town with what was left. He asked for celery+ peanut butter+ raisins for a snack the other day. And he knows the difference between spinach and cilantro. Or at least knows there is a difference and asks for clarification when we are eating either one..."this is spinach." "No, it's cilantro." "It's ciwantrwo."Oh, and he likes seaweed (nori) too. When we have it to make california rolls, he snacks on it likes it's a graham cracker. Maybe it was that time I had all-you-can-eat sushi (no raw stuff, don't worry) during my first trimester while he was in utero. I can't complain about his eating habits a bit. He's unique and we love him for it!

Isaac seems to like the number 3 right now. He's successfully made it to his 3rd month with a rough 'n tumble big brother sometimes taking the lead. He manages to wear sometimes 3 outfits a day, and with hand me downs and gifts we manage to have plenty to clothe him. He's battling his 3rd cold, and he hardly complains about it. And he's still working on getting a 3rd chin (see pic below) by eating about every 3 hours and still sleeping a lot of the day (and night). He's as good as they come!

5 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

the last picture of Isaac is awesome! I love the chubbiness... so cute!

D/E G said...

Such a cute post about your family! I seem to have the exact same mental illness, and half of my kids are the same way about veggies and unique foods. I bet Glenn would be an excellent scoutmaster too! ;) Sorry that none of us get to have three chins--we really haven't gotten the chunky babies I'd imagined, though I thought 10 lbs. was a good start! :) Here comes February--good job on making it through Jan! Maybe next year we'll have some invention that can jet us back and forth for visits.

mary said...

Cute post. I wish mine were as good as Xan about the veggies. Most of the time (unless it's broccoli or corn on the cob) its like playing tug-o-war. Maybe it has something to be with my tastes and food choices...no couldn't be that.

The Hinckley's said...

I always thought I was addicted to shopping but really it's finding killer deals. I've gotten better over the years...less returns. But now I take more time contemplating whether I really need it. I'm not sure what Derek would prefer. At least we realize what we don't need and return it. Otherwise we would be hoarder's...much worse.

Yomama said...

Way cute post! I s'pose I knew those things, but seeing you say them ;-> is more fun. I miss you all. How far away is summer??? :/ We need a visit, but I'll try to be satisfied with the @#^*! silent webcam... Soon, though.
Love you more than weather without wind,
Yomama