Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter Egg Hunter Xtraordinaire

It may look like all I am doing is holding this egg, but I am really having a good time hunting for eggs. Holding the basket with my mouth actually frees up my hands to grab more eggs; I have this under control.
This egg tastes pretty good, but I think the insides are even better.

I have pretty good dexterity while picking up these eggs. I don't really know what that means but my mom tells me that I am developing my pincer grasp and that I am learning to do things on my own. I am also learning to crawl pretty well now -- I'll post more on that later.

The eggs in the tree were kind of placed there unfairly, so to overcome the height disadvantage, my parents helped me reach them.
This one smells okay....jelly beans, no wait, Starbursts.

Let me explain my attire for the day. Down South it is not usually in the 40s the day before Easter, but today we were not going to forgo such a fun tradition for a little chilly wind. I got to find all of the eggs, my dad got to eat what was inside. It was a pretty sweet deal!

6 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

Very cute! I'm glad searching for the eggs was more fun for you than it was for Ethan! You're so kind to share all the insides with your dad! That's probably best!

AJ said...

Lucky you to get to have an Easter Egg hunt. I didn't get to have one, my mom and dad were too lazy or something. I didn't even to try any of the candy that Grandma Cox sent to me for Easter what a bummer deal we have, huh. I did get to suck on one of the eggs that my mom dyed with Alisa, but Dad made Mom take it away 'cause it turned my mouth blue. Anyways, glad your Easter was fun, Love STELLA

D/E G said...

Natalie thought it wasn't nice that your dad got all the candy inside, but she doesn't remember that she didn't "like" candy at your age also. I told her you were both fine. Chris said to let you know this is a note from the Gibbys. We wish we could hang out with you more!

Yomama said...

Thanks for the "taste" of your Easter, Xander-pants!
It's scary how cute a kid can be so bundled up. How about a little more view of Mom and Dad?;-}
Hugs,
Grandma Silly

Ben said...

Hey Xander and Stella,
You guys have nothing to complain about. My dead beat patents didn't even do anything for Easter. If I hadn't seen your blogs I wouldn't even have known what easter eggs were. We just had dinner with a bunch of people I don't even know, and I didn't even get to eat it. Maybe next year they'll get a clue that I am a kid, and I need Easter Eggs. Love you guys,
Charlie :)

Gina said...

I love that cute cute face! What a doll! That is so fun that he went hunting. I wish we had given Liam the chance. I am sure he would have sniffed it out too. Your narrations are always so darling, Shannon!