Wednesday, July 21, 2010

And we now have a 4 year old! He requested a crab cake. (Huh?) He wanted red frosting and red cake, which was great 'cause it could hide all of my unprofessional cake making lack of skills. I'm just sayin'. But I would say his dad is quite the designer of cakes, wouldn't you? I made the cake, he designed it, and then I frosted it. Come to think of it, that's the best we have worked together on a project, we should open a bakery. Ha ha! It was kind of funny because we worked on it way too late at night and so when the birthday boy woke up he went into the kitchen first thing and saw the finished cake. He then came to me and said, "My cake looks awesome, Mom. Come check it out!" Easy to please. He's happy, I'm happy. Hopefully he had a fun day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought he wanted a cake made with real crab...blah!

This crab cake is sooo cute.

AJ said...

I love the cake. Stella wanted a red cake last year. Where do they get these ideas? Anyway, it is super cool and even better that he loved it so much!

Erin said...

wow that cake is awesome!!! good job! haha I love that he wanted a crab cake!!! haha

mary said...

Awesome cake! Looks like you guys have been busy! So bummed I missed seeing you guys, but the kids had a great time with you guys!

Cynthia said...

Looks like you've been having a fun summer! I love the crab cake; that's awesome that he requested it :-)